- About Founding Partner, Dave Goldblatt
- About Venture Partner, Tim Ryan
- Angel Track Record
- Why Vibe Cap? (Our Thesis)
- Our Portfolio
- Our Advantage
- I want to become an LP!
About Founding Partner, Dave Goldblatt
Dave was employee 180 at Facebook in 2007, was there until 2017. He worked in Product and Operations, learning first hand from the world class operators what it takes to scale and grow a business.
Most recently, he participated in the On Deck Angel Investing and On Deck Investing fellowships, where I refined my skills in the public and private markets.
I'm deep in to web3, having been involved in the industry/investing since 2017.
About Venture Partner, Tim Ryan
Timothy Ryan is an experienced entrepreneur and angel investor. He most recently was a GP, leading a seed stage Venture Capital fund through AngelList called MLC Ventures, that focused on bringing seed capital to tech founders. He was also responsible for negotiating term sheets with founders and other co-investors that ranged from $100k - $500k+, securing equity for $20M+ valuations.
Prior to that his experience as a founder was established with product creation, operations, and go-to-market launches. He founded a health tech startup that was acquired, and was involved in Web3 / cryptography working with Ledger & Trezor and helped to launch an exchange called DCEX that was funded by Ripple Labs. He was also one of the founding team members for Zepp Labs, a sports wearable startup that achieved a peak of $15M ARR, and raised over $40M+ in VC funding.
Timothy graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management from San Francisco State University and an MBA in Global Finance from IAE Nice in France.
Angel Track Record
Makara (Wealthfront for Crypto), 6x Exit
Panther HR (Global Compliance) - 8x Markup
Stoke Technologies (Reusable Rockets) - 6x Markup
On Deck (Modern Education) - 5x Markup
Terraformation (Rapid Reforesting) - 5x Markup
Dharma Labs (Fiat onramp for DeFi) - Exit to OpenSea
Why Vibe Cap? (Our Thesis)
I started Vibe Cap to deploy capital in to what I see as a once in a lifetime confluence of factors.
AI, Biotech, Crypto, and Robotics are technologies simultaneously reaching the upward slopes of their exponential curves.
Couple these technologies with the macro pressures of demographics and climate change, and traditional power structures will fade.
By deploying capital to fill this vacuum, there is an opportunity to generate massive wealth through creation of structures that are more equitable, beneficial, transparent and accessible.
- 🌱 Seedscout - Disrupting Venture Capital
- 🦌 Fauna Bio - Unlocking the Secrets of Animal Survival to Fight Disease in Humans
- ⭕️ Impulse - Answer questions, win dope shit
- 🥌 Sero - Building the Peloton of mental health. Starting with beautiful, modern EMDR stones.
- 🕳 Pipedream Labs - Building a network of underground tubes that offers near-instantaneous delivery of objects to and from homes and businesses
- 🏳️🌈 Serif - Through intimate experiences and live conversations, Serif offers a space that is deeper, broader, and more meaningful than clubs, bars and apps for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- 💎 Diamond Dao - Diamond DAO coordinates the design, development, and distribution of data and analytics on DAOs, DeFi protocols, gaming, social tokens, prediction markets, and more.
- 🏷 Boost - Boost collapses the entire end-to-end e-commerce platform down to a single "tag" - what they are calling "the new barcode." Try it for yourself by texting $BOOST087 to 81000
- 🤖 Circle Labs - Circle Labs at its core is "Artificial Personalities as a Service". The Metaverse requires user-generated content at a massive scale, Circle Labs enables it through their AI (and eventually through their API).
- ⛏ Ender - Right now, Ender is simply a way for kids to perform education projects in Minecraft. In the future, Ender wants to empower kids to learn how to operate in the workforce by creating portfolios of projects - and paying them for it.
- 🔥 Fion - Fion fights wildfires. Their tech packages highly accurate fire prediction & detection, spread prediction, and destruction estimation into custom dashboards for fire departments, forestry services, financial institutions and insurance companies.
- 🕸 Kubelt - Kubelt is web3 CMS. Instead of having to manage your content/data using multiple different centralized services (eg Snowflake + Salesforce) it’s all done using decentralized web3 protocols, but with the ease of web2! (Compliments of Kubelt 😉)
- 💿 CatalyzeX - CatalyzeX is starting as a very simple tool - an extension that reveals code for AI papers - and building something massive on top of it. By aggregating this behavior, they’re creating a knowledge-sharing network of one of the most important behaviors of the next decade.
- 🦾 AI Responsibility Lab - You’ve seen Terminator and The Matrix, so you know what really bad advanced AI can do - but that’s at least 20 years out. Unfortunately, even today’s AI applications can have really perverse outcomes - like Arrest, and Jail Time, Due to a Bad Facial Recognition Match. AIRL aims to solve for the absolute worst outcomes of AI systems in both the near and short term, starting with a simple B2B business but expanding well beyond that.
- 🍃 Flow Carbon - Climate change is a big deal. Carbon offsets are one of the best ways to counteract climate change. Flow Carbon is building a Decentralized Finance ecosystem around their carbon offset tokens, offering financial upside for all participants in the carbon offset market - incentivizing everyone to solve climate change while simultaneously seeing significant financial upside.
- 🪐 Odyssey DAO - Crypto/web3/blockchain is confusing. Odyssey DAO is making it much less hard with top-notch educational content. Founded by Peter Yang (ex-FB, Reddit - and current Vibe Cap social advisor), Odyssey DAO brings a particularly polished web2 approach to learning about web3.
- 👩🚀 Charter - Stripe for satellite logistics.
- 🏦 Duplo - Dead simple B2B payments for the African sub-continent.
- 🗿 Sumeria - DeFi infrastructure for NFTs/the metaverse.
- 🎨 Shil.me - Link-in-bio gallery platform for the next 1B NFT collectors.
We live in the exponential. (So you don’t have to.)
We’re in Discords, Telegrams, and at Hacker Houses, creating Alpha and generating relationships to get exclusive access to the next 1000x founder or protocol.
Founders adore us. (And promote us.)
- "Dave is a visionary. Very brave investor. Will be very successful imo"
- "Hire & wire at its finest. Thanks for being one of the most thoughtful investors we work with. You go the extra mile for us"
- "you always have my back and look for ways to help me grow as a founder. I feel incredibly lucky to have you as an investor and friend!"
- "his entire way of thinking is lightyears beyond most"
Our network is unfair. (Competition is overrated.)
Being early at Facebook provides direct access to deals and an extensive network.
More importantly, it guides our understanding of what a hyper-growth startup looks like.
I want to become an LP!
Shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can chat!